Needham Massachussets? 29 Funky Things
Have you been to the State of Massachusetts?
There are lots of crazy things that go on in Massachusetts as you will read from some historical facts here.
We were able to spend a month while traveling full time with our kids in Needham Massachusetts where my sister and her family live.
This small town it’s very beautiful and contains many historic neighborhoods and lots of beautiful gardens it is also surrounded by many prestigious universities and schools in the state of Massachusetts
Being so close to Boston many of the adventures we enjoyed there were found in the Boston area, however there were great farmers markets and gardens found in Needham to enjoy and relax on our downtime
WHERE IS NEEDHAM LOCATED:
Needham is 10 miles southwest of Boston 29 miles east of work Chester and 208 miles from New York City the total area of this town is almost 13 miles.
Needham is part of the Boston Metropolitan statistical area and about 29,000 people live here
Needham is the home to the Franklin W Olin College of engineering
You will find Wellesley College on the northwest of Needham importers Newton Massachusetts and West Roxbury section of Boston on the northeast and Dover, Westwood and Dedhan on the south.
Needham is elevated at sea level but is full of hills.
Needham is primarily a suburban District of Boston however there are some areas developed by the industry such as the Coca-Cola plant need them has been the home to the Coca-Cola bottling plant since 1986 Trader Joe’s also operates a packing plant in Needham Needham has also begun to attract high technology and Internet firms to its town.
WHAT TO DO IN NEEDHAM:
INTERESTING FUN FACT AND LAWS THAT HAVE COME AND GONE IN MASSACHUSETTS
1. Basketball was actually invented in 1891 in the state of Massachusetts
2. It is illegal to make Clam Chowder with tomatoes in Massachusetts
3. Volleyball was invented in 1895 in the state of Massachusetts
4. Massachusetts has a state Polka that is unique only to them
5. The official state dessert of Massachusetts is Boston cream pie
6. The first subway system in the United States was actually build in Boston not New York City
7. The first computer that operated in real time was enacted in the state of Massachusetts
8. There is a state law that forbids snoring unless all of your doors and windows are locked
9. The fig Newton was named after Newton Massachusetts
10. Boston Common was the first public park in the United States of America
11. In Massachusetts goatees are illegal unless you pay a special license fee to wear one in public
12. The first Dunkin’ Donuts ever was opened in the state of Massachusetts
13. The Boston terrier is the official state dog in the state of Massachusetts
More Funky Facts…
14. It’s illegal to give beer to hospital patients
15. Candy may not contain more than 1% alcohol
16. In 1659 Christmas was outlawed
17. A Massachusetts court ruled that a sandwich must have two slices of bread and that legally barred tacos, burritos, and quesadillas from being called sandwiches
18. Water pistol dueling is illegal
19. Shooting ranges may not set up targets that look like human beings
20. At a wake mourners may not eat more than three sandwiches
21. Traffic drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts
22. All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday
23. Hunting on Sunday is prohibited
24. It is illegal to go to bed without having a full bath first
25. Tattooing and body piercing is illegal
26. Bullets may not be used as currency
27. Alcoholic drink specials are illegal
28. Public boxing matches are outlawed
29. And many many more….
Needham Mass was an interesting place to visit and we loved the time with my sister and her family 🙂 As I said learned alot about all the crazy laws and rules that have come and gone in this State.
Till Our next Adventure …