How to help a Concussion
This type of injury can CHANGE YOUR LIFE, many times a person that sustains this type of injury do not feel that they have been hurt as badly as they think. Many times if the person would have stopped AS SOON AS the injury happens, to give the body and brain time to rest and recover. The Brain is the most complex part of the human body! So many important functions are handled here… but also the most fragile of all organs. 100 Billion neurons… that send and receive messages and provide connections we need to survive. Sudden, rapid movement of the head and brain can cause injury… as in a concussion. This injury may even cause swelling and bruising of the brain tissue. These injuries may not be visible to the naked eye due to the concealed injury under the skull.
Brain damage an continue for hours and even days after the injury. Toxic level of chemicals can be released due to the injury and cause a breakdown in communications in the brain.
Mild Concussion may cause some of the following symptoms:
1. Brief loss of consciousnesses
2. Impaired long term memory
3. Reduced Problem solving ability
4. Lower Social inhibition
5. Attention/perception problems
SEVERE Concussion Symptoms:
2. Persistent Vegetative state
In the US over 1 million of mild traumatic brain injury are reported. Of this number over 300,000 suffer long term effects from this injury.
Its important that a concussion or head injury get treated, even laws have been passed to make sure and protect kids and athletes to be treated and removed from play to make sure that they are not injured for life. Another impact after an initial injury can impact someone for life! Long lasting nerve damage, so it is wise and important to REST after any kind of injury to the head.
1. STOP AND REST
2. Be aware, and be checked for any injury right away!
3. Medical tests can check for reactivity of your brain reaction, vision and timing. Medical Machines can check different senses and reactions.
4. Physical and occupational therapy can help, physiology help may also be needed speech and language can be affected and may need to be worked with when someone gets a concussion.
5. Tylenol or Ibuprofen may help with discomfort (NO Aspirin- as it may increase bleeding)
6. Be aware of Symptoms, get medical attention, take acetaminophen, get a neuropsychological evaluation, and plenty of rest.
SO IF YOU HAVE BEEN INJURED… REST… REST… REST and Get checked out right away!
Written by: Rachel Haponenko
Proven to produce RESULTS plain and simple
Ask your self if the following describes YOU…
#1 I’d like to have a business that will Net me Six to Seven
Figures per year…I have some money to Invest but not a
lot of time…. I like to play Big and want to go Fast!!!
IS THIS YOU? CHECK OUT: Wealth Masters International
>>>> www.NewMapToSuccess.com <<<<
#2 I’ve have a great business, but I need to generate more
online traffic and more leads into my business. OR
I like the idea of getting paid for sharing my thoughts and ideas…
IS THIS YOU? CHECK OUT:
>>>> www.EmpowerNetwork.com/jamisonh <<<<
#3 I have NO time and NO money… but I do have a Smart Phone…
I would like to save money on my Cell Phone bill and get unlimited
everything for $49…I like the IDEA of getting paid for sharing
cool new thing with my friends…
IS THIS YOU? CHECK OUT:
>>>> www.solavei.com/megrh <<<<
PS – Make sure to LIKE, COMMENT and SHARE this post, and feel
free to ask any questions you might have because, working together,
we can make incredible things happen.